Beyond the Packet: Gigamon and Fidelis Cybersecurity for Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention
Cyberattacks are getting more numerous and more sophisticated, which means that you need more than packet-centric, manual defenses. Fidelis Cybersecurity offers a different approach: Its solution automatically analyzes sessions, not packets; separates signal from noise; and sends relevant and timely alerts when a breach has been detected.
And to ensure that the Fidelis Cybersecurity solution gets all the data it needs to act, you’ll want to pair it up with the Gigamon® GigaSECURE® Security Delivery Platform. Working in tandem with Fidelis Cybersecurity, GigaSECURE provides a number of benefits:
- Enhanced visibility and easy access to traffic
- Dynamic load balancing
- Aggregation of traffic from underutilized links
- Inline bypass functionality
Read on for these points in detail in a moment; but first, let’s look at what makes Fidelis Cybersecurity particularly attractive.
Fidelis Cybersecurity: Seeing into sessions and using the past to change the future
Fidelis Cybersecurity provides next-generation intrusion prevention capabilities, with network sensors installed on your network and agents deployed at endpoints; these detect intrusions that aren’t visible in packets, reassembling network sessions and analyzing content to quickly provide more context about each alert—information that would have taken days to assemble without Fidelis Cybersecurity. Fidelis Cybersecurity provides threat detection and prevention at all phases of a modern intrusion.
With the alert in hand, you can then initiate action from within the same interface. Fidelis Cybersecurity automates the remediation—whether it’s isolating the endpoint, running a script, collecting and wiping an infected file, or some other defensive maneuver. And Fidelis Cybersecurity doesn’t just react in the moment: It also compares current network activity to past data to come up with a more complete picture of security events, since some events are only suspicious in retrospect.
Gigamon provides total visibility
You may have deployed Fidelis Cybersecurity’s tools, or you may be interested in bringing the next-generation capabilities they provide to your network. Either way, combining Fidelis Cybersecurity as a joint solution with the GigaSECURE Security Delivery Platform can enhance Fidelis Cybersecurity’s capabilities in a number of ways.
- Enhanced visibility and easy access to traffic—even when it’s encrypted. Visibility is what the GigaSECURE platform is all about, of course. GigaSECURE provides easy access to physical, virtual, and cloud networks, enabling Fidelis to accelerate detection and investigation cycles. And GigaSECURE’s new SSL decryption capabilities, for which Fidelis Cybersecurity was an early beta partner, make even more data available for analysis.
- Dynamic load balancing. The GigaSECURE platform can balance across multiple Fidelis Cybersecurity instances, allowing the tool to easily scale up. You will be able to monitor up to 100Gb of traffic.
- Traffic aggregation. To make the most efficient use of Fidelis Cybersecurity sensors, Gigamon can aggregate underutilized links. This can help maximize your ROI on Fidelis Cybersecurity hardware.
- Inline bypass functionality. The GigaSECURE platform supports failover protection and maintains high availability for both Fidelis Cybersecurity and the networks it protects.
The benefits that Gigamon and Fidelis Cybersecurity can deliver together should make it an attractive pairing. Check out our joint solution brief for more information.